just playin (and learning)


I am no expert on Photoshop, but am constantly trying to learn new things.
Taking pictures of the sky is difficult because it is almost always blown
out by light. I made an amazing discovery though about camera RAW that almost
takes all the work out of Photoshop! Once I made all the adjustments,
the rest was a breeze! This is going to save me hours of edits!
Just wish I had learned it earlier!

The only thing added to this picture is the lightning. I don't have the patience
or the equipment to capture real lightning, so I found a brush that adds quite
a convincing display.
I was going for a dramatic sky, so the clouds are real, just adjusted to bring them onto
the scene.




...and there you have a dramatic lightning shot!
(click the picture to blow it up)

Popular Posts